Distributed Erlang embeded startup problem

casper2000a@REDACTED casper2000a@REDACTED
Fri Jul 1 06:54:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have created a target system. It's a distributed system, having 2 optional nodes, if one failes
application failover to the other node. If the high priority node comes alive it takes over.

Attached files are,
sys.config - configuration file in one node. The other node's file just have the name of this node
in "sync_nodes_optional"
esme.system - Linux init file

The init file is located at /etc/rc.d/init.d and in linked to /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S91esme.system

When I ran init files manually, the system starts well. When a node fails, it fall backs and everything
works smoothly.

But when I restart both systems, once they come up, I see both are running the same application.
Looks like it doesn't take the applcation as a distributed application. Is there anything missin in my
sys.config file? That file is located in the releases/1.0 of that release directory.

When I execute the command, nodes() in one node, I can see that it has connected to other node too.

What puzzeling me is, why it runs correctly when I ran manually and why it doesn't in a system
reboot. Is it an environment settins or commnd line parameter problem?

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
- Eranga

--------------This mail sent through OmniBIS.com--------------