Erlang on embedded Vxworks ( Re: Re: Supervisor hierarchy question)

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Jan 27 08:47:04 CET 2005

Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training & Consulting) writes:

 > Keep in mind that when using VxWorks, you have no memory protection
 > from other threads, so corrupting Erlang's memory space is a huge
 > risk.

WindRiver finally left the DOS era and added support for MMUs sometime
in the past few years. I'm not sure when exactly, but it's definitely
in the 5.5 version which is currently selling. It looks like you have
to do some fiddling to enable it.

Matt