Erlang installation problem

aruna.jambunathan@REDACTED aruna.jambunathan@REDACTED
Wed Jan 19 14:22:41 CET 2005

Hi,

  Thanks for your responses. I checked with gcc version. It is as
follows:

# gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 3.3.2

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO

PURPOSE.

I also checked if ncursers library are installed as suggested by Henk
.They are already installed. Even then the problem is not solved

# cd /usr/local/lib/

# ls -l | grep libncurses

-rwxr-xr-x   1 bin        127772 May  2  2003 libncurses++.a*

-rw-r--r--   1 bin        464320 May  2  2003 libncurses.a

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root           15 Feb 20  2004 libncurses.so ->
libncurses.so.5

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root           17 Feb 20  2004 libncurses.so.5 ->
libncurses.so.5.3

-rw-r--r--   1 bin        339008 May  2  2003 libncurses.so.5.3

-rw-r--r--   1 bin       4255308 May  2  2003 libncurses_g.a

The earlier version of Erlang (R8B)on the same system is :

"Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1[source]

Eshell V5.1"

I have attached the /erts/config.log file

Please let me know the version of erlang compatible with SunOS 5.8
Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW, Ultra-2.

It would be of great help.

Regards,

Aruna