Upcoming article in Dr. Dobbs'

Thomas Johnsson XA (LN/EAB) thomas.xa.johnsson@REDACTED
Thu Jan 13 15:18:12 CET 2005

[Thought I'd pour some gasoline onto this thread again (:-)]

Joe Armstrong says:
>  Erlang is the only language I know of that is well placed to program multiCPUs
> all other approaches use some form sharing and or locking (which as I have said many
> times before - is the root of all evil)

I heartily agree with the 'root of all evil' bit -- but regrettably Erlang is plagued too:
ets tables can be accessed directly from many processes. A grave design mistake, in my opinion.
The feature is there and it is being used.

-- Thomas