Eddie and Distributed Erlang

Casper casper2000a@REDACTED
Thu Jan 13 10:27:46 CET 2005

Hi All,

I was studying Eddie implementation and found it uses it's own
synchronization method to manage the distribution of it's applications. For
example it's master_server has a synchronization part, which monitors other
master_server and if the active one (global) goes down, another one take
it's place.

Why doesn't Eddie use Erlang Kernel module's distributed application
mechanism?

In a distributed application, is there any use of having a supervisor, which
starts the application module? I guess the kernel dist_ac handles that part,
correct?

Thanks in advance!
Eranga