Backtrack

Jani Launonen jabba@REDACTED
Wed Jan 12 17:50:35 CET 2005

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Mickael Remond wrote:
>
>> Tiago Rodrigues Antao wrote:
>>> As far as I can see Erlang has no concept of parameters that are both
>>> input/output and of backtrack. Am I wrong?
>>
>> No. You are right. The syntax of Erlang comes from Prolog, but the language
>> feature are different.
>>
>> Regarding inference, maybe the rule engine ERES, found in the Exat Agent
>> platform could be usefull to you (See:
>> http://www.diit.unict.it/users/csanto/exat/whats.html)
>>
>> --
>> Mickaël Rémond
>> http://www.erlang-projects.org/
>
> I've kept my eye on Mercury --- a hybrid of functional and logic programming
> language. The Mercury has an experimental implicit parallelism implemented
> (got it? :)) and one can read it about at
> http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/information/papers.html#conway-thesis
>
> The main site is at
> http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/
>
> It might be interesting for you. At least the implicit parallelism is
> interesting for me as the CMP/SMT -processors are coming.
>
> Have a nice read :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that in the thesis the author also mentiones quite
shortly Erlang and it's concurrency implementation.

-+-+-+-
Jani Launonen
Student. . . . . . . . . .University of Oulu, Dept. of El. & Inf. Eng.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making future plans."
  - Alfred E. Neuman