Upcoming article in Dr. Dobbs'

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Mon Jan 10 13:41:22 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:47:42AM +0100, Joe Armstrong (AL/EAB) wrote:
}
}  Erlang is the only language I know of that is well placed to program
}  multiCPUs all other approaches use some form sharing and or locking
}  (which as I have said many times before - is the root of all evil)
}
}    /Joe

The only other serious contender would seem to be Limbo.  I really
haven't looked at it too closely as yet but it has concurrency as
a design intent.  It is similiar to Erlang in that it runs in a virtual
machine as part of Inferno and has good commercial support.  As far as
I can tell Inferno doesn't have support for multicore CPUs and probably
won't for some time as it is targeted at embedded devices such as set
top boxes.  Limbo does look a lot like C so it may make some folks more
comfortable.

	-Vance