No more EVA?
Mon Jan 10 05:38:55 CET 2005
Thanks for your advice.
I would like to see a good event and alarm solution in OTP, since I think
it's a most important part in a system. It'll be really helpful, if you can
advice me what're the other event and alarm solutions you hinted below, so I
can see to integrate them and can give back to the community, if it'll be
From: Kenneth Lundin [mailto:kenneth@REDACTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:59 PM
To: Erlang-Questions@REDACTED Org; casper2000a@REDACTED; Casper
Subject: Re: No more EVA?
The Eva application was withdrawn from the R10B release because:
- we knew that no commercial user (i.e paying) was using it.
- we did not know any open source user using it (but we have heard of some
after the decision)
- Eva needs to be updated due to dependencies to snmp which has got small
in the API's and we did not think it was worth the effort since nobody is
- There are other event and alarm solutions that could be included in OTP
some day if
the interest is big enough.
- If someone really need Eva it should be easy to take Eva from R9B ,
do some minor corrections
and run it together with the rest of R10B.
/Regards Kenneth Lundin (Product Manager for Erlang/OTP)
More information about the erlang-questions