No more EVA?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth@REDACTED
Sun Jan 9 18:58:44 CET 2005

Hi,

The Eva application was withdrawn from the R10B release because:
- we knew that no commercial user (i.e paying) was using it.
- we did not know any open source user using it (but we have heard of some
after the decision)
- Eva needs to be updated due to dependencies to snmp which has got small changes
  in the API's and we did not think it was worth the effort since nobody is using it.
- There are other event and alarm solutions that could be included in OTP some day if
  the interest is big enough.
- If someone really need Eva it should be easy to take Eva from R9B ,
do some minor corrections
and run it together with the rest of R10B.

/Regards Kenneth Lundin (Product Manager for Erlang/OTP)