gen_leader bug

Fee, Thomas TFee@REDACTED
Tue Jan 4 22:43:53 CET 2005

Hello All,
We have encountered a problem with gen_leader. All our servers died
simultaneously. The bug is this:

The function lexcompare returns one of: 'equal', 'less', or 'greater'. The
function safe_loop calls lexcompare when it receives a 'capture' message
from a server. Unfortunately, safe_loop only handles 'less' and 'greater' in
the lexcompare returned result.

Our server ran into a scenario when 'equal' was returned from lexcompare.
Hence, the servers crashed.

What should be done to fix this missing case clause problem?

Thanks -
- Thomas Fee

DISCLAIMER: This message (including any files transmitted with it) may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information, is the property of
Interactive Data Corporation and/or its subsidiaries, and is directed only
to the addressee(s). If you are not the designated recipient or have reason
to believe you received this message in error, please delete this message
from your system and notify the sender immediately. An unintended
recipient's disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this message or any
attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful.