Status of ODBC

Laura M. Castro laura@REDACTED
Thu Feb 10 09:22:34 CET 2005

Tiago Rodrigues Antao wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to use the ODBC facility of Erlang. I have noticed from the code
> that its only supposed to work on Windows and Solaris (I am working on
> Linux). I changed the build script and compiled odbcserver.
> I was able to start it from within Erlang and to connect to a PostgreSQL
> server, but when I try to do an SQL query the server crashes.
>
> Does anyone tried to use odbcserver on Linux? With any luck?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help,
> Tiago

   Hello Tiago,

     We're using Erlang ODBC facility, and it works indeed, but it
requires a little bit of your patience ;-). Our particular scenario at
the moment is the following:

	* Debian GNU/Linux O.S.
	* Erlang RC9-2 (*not* debian package)
	* UnixODBC 2.2.4-11 (debian package)
	* PostgreSQL 7.4.6-6 (debian package)

     In order to get the ODBC 2.0 erlang module compiled you may read

http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200405/msg00288.html

     Regards,

	Laura Castro