Status of ODBC

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Tue Feb 8 17:01:37 CET 2005

I've been using ODBC on Linux connecting to Oracle without problems:

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.3 [source] [hipe] [threads:0]

Eshell V5.4.3  (abort with ^G)
1> application:start(odbc).
ok
2> {ok, P} = odbc:connect("DSN=RouteDEV;UID=ROUTE", []).
{ok,<0.37.0>}
3> odbc:sql_query(P, "select count(*) from dba_users").
{selected,["COUNT(*)"],[[49.0000]]}
4> os:type().
{unix,linux}
5> odbc:sql_query(P, "select * from dba_users").
{selected,["USERNAME",
            "USER_ID",
            "PASSWORD",
            "ACCOUNT_STATUS",
            "LOCK_DATE",
            "EXPIRY_DATE",
            "DEFAULT_TABLESPACE",
            "TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE",
            "CREATED",
            "PROFILE",
            "INITIAL_RSRC_CONSUMER_GROUP",
            "EXTERNAL_NAME"],

I am using:
UnixODBC version 2.2.3
Easysoft's Oracle driver 1.1.0.0

Though, I've never tried to connect to PostgreSQL.

Regards,

Serge