Questions/Comments on online portion of "Concurrent Programming in Erlang"

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri Dec 16 07:28:39 CET 2005

On 2005-12-15 23:17, Grant Olson wrote:
...deleted
> Is there anywhere that has updated code? For example, the code in Figure 5.5
> won't run for me, presumably because lookup and insert are no longer BIFs.
> If there isn't any updated code, I'd be glad to post my notes somewhere once
> I get through the manual.

the example is not complete. insert() and lookup() are not bif's,
instead they are omitted for brevity.

> Is there any easy way to lookup modules in windows? In the above-listed
> code, I am assuming I need to track down a module for dictionaries or tables
> or lists.  I don't seem to be able to figure out how to do this from the
> documentation on windows.  The best I've done is googled on stuff like
> "erlang man dict", but it's awkward.

at http://www.trapexit.org/docs/ you can mouse-over ''Man Pages'' and
follow the cascading menues to man3 -> dict.
it becomes awkward when the menues gets too long (somewhere after string).

> Also, attempting to use the search engine on erlang.org give the following
> error: The requested URL /cgi-bin/se_search was not found on this server.

you could try the forums at trapexit
(http://forums.trapexit.org:81/phpBB). they are searchable.

the complete documentation at http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.10/doc/
has an Index. unfortunately this is not exhaustive. i failed to locate
the erlang implementation of tar when using the index.

bengt