Questions/Comments on online portion of "Concurrent Programming in Erlang"

Grant Olson olsongt@REDACTED
Thu Dec 15 23:17:29 CET 2005

Hello,

I've recently become interested in Erlang and am currently working through
the .pdf for "Concurrent Programming in Erlang".  I'm having a few problems
and was hoping for some input.

Is there anywhere that has updated code? For example, the code in Figure 5.5
won't run for me, presumably because lookup and insert are no longer BIFs.
If there isn't any updated code, I'd be glad to post my notes somewhere once
I get through the manual.

Is there any easy way to lookup modules in windows? In the above-listed
code, I am assuming I need to track down a module for dictionaries or tables
or lists.  I don't seem to be able to figure out how to do this from the
documentation on windows.  The best I've done is googled on stuff like
"erlang man dict", but it's awkward.

Also, attempting to use the search engine on erlang.org give the following
error: The requested URL /cgi-bin/se_search was not found on this server.

Thanks,

-Grant