Towards a native windows GUI

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu Aug 18 08:54:57 CEST 2005

From: "Serge Aleynikov" <serge@REDACTED>
>  From the academic point of view modeling GUI as parallel processes is
> definitely a very interesting excersize,

I was about to write something like that too. Having a window manager
completely written in Erlang would certainly be an interesting application.
I did start working on one before, and also ex11 can be seen as one. The
trouble is that one needs to replicate *lots* of effort that exists and is
of high quality - defining widget behaviour and look-and-feel.

gtkNode looks like a nice approach, since there's a clean and reasonably
high-level border.

regards,
Vlad