Towards a native windows GUI

orbitz@REDACTED orbitz@REDACTED
Thu Aug 18 04:35:23 CEST 2005

On Aug 17, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Serge Aleynikov wrote:

> Writing GUI in Erlang would also require to have some kind of IDE
> (likely also written in Erlang) that would automate creation of GUI
> layouts and interactions with widgets.  Without such an IDE GUI
> programming would be very tidious and time consuming.

Are you referring to some thing like glade?  If so, why is this
required and why is it something that needs to be worried about for
getting erlang up and running with win32 GUI support?  It sounds like
something that can be worried about and written later on in the design
process.  Not that you want to design GUI's by hand but certainly it
isn't something we have to worry about now is it?  Seems like too much
emphasis is being put on a design environment at this stage.