Parallel Programming

orbitz@REDACTED orbitz@REDACTED
Sat Aug 13 19:28:35 CEST 2005

Obviously Erlang is not made to do computationally intensive work such
as computing primes or what not.  However I was thinking that Erlang
obviously makes an excellent framework for doing that kind of work.
I was thinking one could use erlang to communicate between nodes and
then use a port to a fortran program or what not.
Obviously I doubt I'm the first person to think of this, so has anyone
else attempted this or have any suggestions as it if it is a good idea
or not?

Thanks