H/W requirements for OTP RB-2

Techie Yang techieyang@REDACTED
Tue Apr 19 03:57:11 CEST 2005

Recenetly, i tried the following configuration:

1) PPC860, 50MHZ, 32MSDRAM(32bits)

2) Vxworks 5.4

3) PPCLINUX with 2.4.19  kernel tree

My observation:

1) R10B-4 could run on the PPC860, both vxworks and linux
   But it is a bit slow,

2) R7B is the fast one, with the small size of virtual machine

Eventually, i select to use the R9C-2, which isn't too slow, and looks like it will match my requirement.

I am going to start my project with the R9C-2 on PPCLINUX.

I guess it might be possible to run the R7B on the 16M SDRM, if compiled with uClibc. Not try it yet.

Best Regards
Techie

======= 2005-04-19 03:55:39 您在来信中写道:=======

>After listening to http://www.sics.se/~adam/talks.html talking about small
>TCP/IP stacks I start to wonder how small a machine erlang can run on....
>What is the smallest machine anyone here has run erlang on - and still
>being useful ?
>

>At 17:13 2005-04-18, you wrote:
>>On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:27:07AM +0000, maruthavanan s wrote:
>> > hi ,
>> >
>> > Can any one suggest me the hardware requirements of erlang OTP R10 B-2
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Marutha
>>For what task?
>>
>>My workstation development machine is about 600 Mhz with 512MB memory.
>>
>>I run R10B-4 on a 400 Mhz Celeron (with 512 MB) as an automated web site
>>checker for customers. Not much load doing this task.
>>
>>I am deploying it on a newer machine which will be a 3 GHz Xeon
>>(32-bit core) with 1 GB memory.  This new task will have a bit more
>>work to do, keeping up a steady conversation with a couple different
>>external servers and feeding an SQL database for a webserver to
>>query.  Even with this task, though, I think the hardware will
>>be loafing.
>>
>>~Michael

        致
礼!