Error: cannot handle extended pids and ports

Rob erlq@REDACTED
Fri Apr 1 23:27:25 CEST 2005

What about using spread? http://www.spread.org/ there is a python binding and I thought there was/is an erlang binding.

You could have various levels of readonly multicast data streams,
that a process could subscribe to and you could even create an api that allowed others to build apps that plug in to a given public feed.

* public info about server status, active games, player stats, rankings, etc (the lobby server/[service] you talk about on your site)
* public info about game X (watch game)
* public info about player Y (watch all games for a certain player, I don't know if current poker servers have this function)
* player-only info about game X (participate in game)
* server-to-server only info about games, internal server states etc.

As new servers, processes or clients start up they would either subscribe to the appropriate streams or create new ones and register
them with a stream directory service.
For poker it seems very little info is transfered upstream so those could probably be tcp connected per request - so placing a bet or
getting cards, etc would be an atomic tcp interaction. Even a single erlang node should be able to handle 10's or 100's of 1,000's of
player upstream interactions that way.