[ASN1] ASN Tcap question

Casper casper2000a@REDACTED
Thu Sep 23 13:26:53 CEST 2004

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Still the thing is not clear to me. I'm new to ASN.1.

Could you kindly show me how can I use those Parameterized Type definitions
to encode and decode TCAP Messages? Even a sample or document would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eranga

  _____

From: Kenneth Lundin [mailto:kenneth@REDACTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:21 PM
To: Casper; asn1@REDACTED; erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: RE: [ASN1] ASN Tcap question

The ASN.1 module TCAPMessages.asn that you provided does only contain
definitions of Parameterized Types

for what you are interested in. The Parameterized Type vital to your
question is TCMessage which must be instantiated

in order to get any useful encode/decode functions generated. You must find
another standard asn1 module which

imports from TCAPMessages and instantiates TCMessage of you have to create a
module of your own which performs the

instantiation (but there should be some standard module).

/Kenneth