Erlang Book

Joe Armstrong joe@REDACTED
Wed Sep 15 15:06:45 CEST 2004

    The book describes a sub-set of Erlang :-)

    It needs some complementary material.

    The basic "educational" package could be

 	1) The book (part 1 is free on the net)

 	   http://www.erlang.org/download/erlang-book-part1.pdf

 	2) Getting started with Erlang

          http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.0.1/pdf/getting_started-5.0.1.pdf

 	3) Reference Manual

      http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/pdf/reference_manual-5.3.pdf

 	4) Programming examples

         http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/doc/programming_examples/part_frame.html

    Then if you're teacher there is a complete 4 day course

 	http://www.erlang.org/course/course.html

    This is 4 days of (guess 4 hours teaching + 3 hours exercises)

    So represents enough material for 8 x 2 hour lectures

    Part 2 of the book is worth looking at for the examples - Part 1 is
technique - part 2 is extended applications.

    /Joe

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004,