Unused index in mnesia table

Goran Bage goran.bage@REDACTED
Thu Nov 18 13:26:54 CET 2004

Dan Gudmundsson wrote:
> How unique was the index keys?

They were all the same as you noticed, I was aware of the fact that all were the
same and undefined. But I did not know this was a problem and maybe there are
others that may get the same problem, or am I the only one that plan ahead :-)

> If all index keys are the same you will get a quadratic insertion time,
> i.e. a long linked list with a reference to the real keys.

Quadratic was my guess looking at the figures.

> That is usually the problem when indecies are slow, in your example
> below all records will have undefined on the index position.
>
> I.e. index 'undefined' points to a list with all keys.

That I didn't know.