64 bit Erlang on Opterons?

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Jul 28 21:30:59 CEST 2004

>  > I wonder one thing: the cleanup of the runtime that you had to make,
and
>  > that will be part of the next release, does it affect the 32 bit
runtime
>  > too?
>
> They do of course, since most of the changes are in shared code, but
> on 32-bit platforms the differences should not be noticeable by users.
> Actually, these cleanup changes might already be part of R9C-2.

Yes, it was the noticeable parts I was most interested in :-)

BTW, are there any changes to the policy of not supporting Windows? List
archives reveal this policy as per 2001 (I think) but since then maybe
(hopefully) somebody found a way to handle the Windows stack? [ref
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200109/msg00053.html]

Thanks,
Vlad