ANNOUNCE ex11 release two

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Jan 22 17:25:02 CET 2004

Luke Gorrie writes:

 > I just poked around to see why TCP-based clients don't work for me
 > (not even xterm). It turns out my X server isn't listening on a TCP
 > socket at all - the clients just get "connection refused".

 > Maybe a Debian default configuration thing?

Yes. XFree86 has an option '-nolisten tcp'. It's on by default in Debian.
I guess the idea is to keep the number of holes down.

You can re-enable it by editing /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers

Matthias

(If there ever was a thread which was a good candidate for taking away
from the Erlang mailing list and running somewhere else, such as the
Wiki, then this must be it. 95% of the discussion has been about X,
not Erlang...)