Vectors (experimental feature) to be removed in R10B

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Mon Jan 19 16:21:52 CET 2004

Just a warning in case you happened to have used vectors
in your programs.

Vectors is an experimental feature that I implemented a few
releases ago in Erlang/OTP. They are NOT documented and they
have never been supported by OTP.

They are not as fast as I hoped they would be. In most cases,
vectors are easily beaten by other Erlang structures.

Therefore I will remove vectors from R10B.

Again, note: Vectors have NEVER been a documented or supported
feature of Erlang. It is your own problem if you have used them
in a product.

/Bjorn