Hopefully simple problem

Carsten Schultz carsten@REDACTED
Mon Jan 19 10:43:23 CET 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:51:05AM +0100, Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:
> Yes, using a real fun instead of a "tuple fun" is
> recommended. That will be faster too, as a fun contains
> a direct pointer to the code to be executed, while a
> "tuple fun" requires a lookup in a hash table.
>
> We will probably never be able to remove "tuple funs"
> from the language (for backwards compatibility),

And there may be use for them, because they work with a variable
number of arguments.  (Not needed in the original question.)

> but we still recommend that you don't use them in new code.

How about helping avoiding them by introducing the syntax `fun
foo:bar/3' as a shorthand for `fun(X1,X2,X3) -> foo:bar(X1,X2,X3) end'
then?

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:38, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://carsten.codimi.de/