Including Mnesia in a supervision tree?

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Sat Feb 7 04:26:54 CET 2004

I've been beating my head against this for a little bit, and dug
around in the docs, searched the mailing list archives (as I'm sure
this has been covered):

How should I include mnesia in my application supervision tree?

I tried putting mnesia into the included_applications list in my
application spec record.  This caused my application to startup, but
mnesia was not started automatically by the application module.

So currently my supervisor process spawns mnesia_sup as a supervisor
child, along with my other child processes, with a one_for_all restart
policy.  This seems to work just fine, but I wonder if its really
the best strategy.

--
Shawn.