asynchronous gen_tcp

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Tue Aug 24 20:47:35 CEST 2004

Guys,

 Thanks to the good  tutorials out  there I have finally  gotten my
mind  around the use of gen_server and to some extent gen_tcp. I have
a few other questions that I havn't quite figured out yet.

 In  the current  configuration I am trying to build, I have 3 processes.

     A - gen_server  that handles listening for sockets,  spawning
acceptors, managing connections,  etc.
     B - Accepts the connection and continues on to handle
requests/responses from the tcp connection and from  process C (the
worker).
     C - The actual worker process. Receives messages  from B (parsed
and erlangified  messages from  the connection)  and  others,  sends
messages to erlangified messages to B when output to the client is
required.

 My biggest problem right now is that when B is waiting on
gen_tcp:recv it  can't receive messages from C to send. B needs to
work in a more async manner.  I seem  to remember seeing something
like this at some point, but now I can't seem to find it.

Thanks  for your help,
Eric
--
Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc,
informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Lisp