where and what to install

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Wed Aug 18 18:54:19 CEST 2004

Hi

Is there some kind of spoken or unspoken guidelines as to where to
install files for your OTP application? I'm working on Yxa (a SIP
server/stack) and we have just simplified installation by making the
installation procedure generic (./configure && make && make install)
using autoconf.

My question is, where should we install our application as default?

I looked at Yaws, which installs it's files in /usr/local/lib/yaws/ebin,
and ejabberd which installs it's files in /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin.

What should we install? The beam-files of course, but Yaws also seems to
install it's .hrl files, and both Yaws and ejabberd installs their .app
files.

Thanks

/Fredrik

PS. I checked Yaws and eJabberd with 'make -n install', so I might have
gotten some parts wrong about where they install stuff, and what...