Erlang hints from an CO junkie

Eric Newhuis enewhuis@REDACTED
Thu Aug 12 18:33:08 CEST 2004

>>    ... we don't have difficulty with "typing" in real life -- it
>> is rare to pop the dog in the oven or take a pizza for a walk ...
>> - Chris Uppal

Hmm.  This got me thinking.  We don't do the above because we are using all
of our powers of perception and analysis while we are doing those things.
It is all very high bandwidth and there is a great deal of runtime type
information entering our brain.

In coding, however, I am usually half asleep so I need reinforcements.

Moreover it is not common while walking one's dog that it suddenly change
itself into a pizza whereas this can occur in software.