More SNMP compiler problems

anygren@REDACTED anygren@REDACTED
Thu Aug 12 16:15:08 CEST 2004

Hi
I am trying to compile a number of mibs using snmp:c, and am getting
some errors that I can't figure out what to do about.

Compiling ENTITY-MIB i get the following errors.

>erlc ENTITY-MIB-rfc2737.mib
ENTITY-MIB-rfc2737.mib: Error: Invalid status of group member deprecated in
group 1147. Group status is entLogicalDescr and member status is mandatory
(should be deprecated or current)
ENTITY-MIB-rfc2737.mib: Error: Invalid status of group member deprecated in
group 1147. Group status is entLogicalType and member status is mandatory
(should be deprecated or current)
ENTITY-MIB-rfc2737.mib: Error: Invalid status of group member deprecated in
group 1147. Group status is entLogicalTAddress and member status is mandatory
(should be deprecated or current)
ENTITY-MIB-rfc2737.mib: Error: Invalid status of group member deprecated in
group 1147. Group status is entLogicalTDomain and member status is mandatory
(should be deprecated or current)
ENTITY-MIB-rfc2737.mib: Error: Mibname (ENTITY-MIB) differs from filename
(ENTITY-MIB-rfc2737).
compilation_failed>

I have had similar problems with some other MIBs that had 'deprecated'
content. I fixed some by removing the deprecated stuff and hoping for the best
but I would prefer to understand what I am doing.

There is also a bug in the mib compiler: in the error printouts shown above
the status and member name are swapped.

/Anders Nygren