port_get_data Erlang module function not found

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Wed Aug 11 17:27:51 CEST 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:31:30PM -0300, Inswitch Solutions - Erlang Evaluation wrote:
> Module inet_db has the following function used by gen_tcp:send/2 :
>
> lookup_socket(Socket) when port(Socket) ->
>     case catch erlang:port_get_data(Socket) of
>  Module when atom(Module) ->
>      {ok, Module};
>  _ ->
>      {error, closed}
>     end.
>

> - could someone tell me what does bif port_get_data/1 do?

I have found the the Erlang src code is quite easy to read. Any time I find
the documentation to be lacking (or non-existent, though this is rare) I
dig in the src tree.

> - where can I find a description of all erlang BIF?

If you installed the man pages on your system how about:

prompt> erl -man erlang

-Rick