gen_tcp bug?

Bernardo Paroli erlang@REDACTED
Mon Aug 9 18:06:38 CEST 2004

Hi,
I have a TCP/IP Server Socket running in Windows 2000.
Its main function is to send messages to all the connected clients, aprox. 300 msgs/second.

 I have noticed that when a conecction is established and if I disconnect
the network cable and connect this 30 seconds later the gen_tcp:send function locks infinitely but it doesn't
fail(this lock happens at prim_inet:send/2).

Why does this happen ? Why doesn't the gen_tpc:send/2 function fail?

Thanks,
Bernardo
     Prepaid Expertise - Programmable Switches