spawn without linking?

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Wed Apr 21 05:20:27 CEST 2004

Actually, it is that hard to do...  the OTP behaviors offer lots
of well tested/debugging implementations which handle the border
cases extremely well.  Which a naive quick implementation using
just the basic spawn_link/* and trap_exit won't get quite right on
the first few tries.

OTP rocks for that reason alone... but yea, gen_server isn't the
most "Erlang" way to write a server, but its the Erlang/OTP way.

--
Shawn.