spawn without linking?

Dustin Sallings dustin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 21 04:39:57 CEST 2004

On Apr 20, 2004, at 19:09, Vance Shipley wrote:

	[lots of really useful information for which I'm grateful]

> The real solution is to use the design patterns in OTP.  You need a
> top level supervisor which starts children and restarts them when
> necessary.  The SASL application runs to handle error_reports,
> crash_reports and progress messages.  Your server processes are
> instances of gen_server behaviours.  You start the application
> using application:start/1.  Using this framework you will create
> more resilient applications without having to think too hard about
> it.

	I was going through the course thing and trying to understand process
relationships and stuff.  Even with this, it doesn't seem *that* hard
to do it manually, but I'm all for better ways to do things.

	Thanks much for your help.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@REDACTED>