Problem building Erlang on HPPA

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Tue Apr 20 00:23:14 CEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:15:22 +0200, Daniel Solaz <dsolaz@REDACTED>
wrote:

> On Monday 19 April 2004 16:32, Mickael Remond wrote:
>> I do not know if someone has managed to make Erlang work on HPPA
>> architecture.
>> It seems that the Debian distribution Erlang maintainer needs help
>> for HPPA architecture:
>
> I do have Erlang running on HPPA debian unstable, but I compiled from
> sources.  I can't tell the exact details (IIRC it is R9B-0 with
> threads, and shared heap or kernel poll, but most likely not hipe; the
> machine is a 32-bit big-endian HP 9000 D220) because I don't have
> access to the machine right now.  But I remember it wasn't hard to get
> it going.  I haven't stress-tested it in any way.

Ok. I will try to contact the guy that has a problem with the erlang on
HPPA to tell him that this should be working.

> Maybe I'm dumb, and I know very little about debian, but this page
> doesn't make much (or any) sense to me.  What's the trouble?

Yes, this is not very clear. From what I understand from the guy who told
me about the problem, the Erlang virtual machine is crashing when you
launch it.

Thank you for your feedback. This was helpful !

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/