Delphi on the client and Erlang on the server

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Sat Apr 10 20:42:17 CEST 2004

From: "Anders Ramsell" <anders@REDACTED>
> Our Delphi-clients
> connect to the Erlang-server using ordinary TCP/IP-sockets. On these
> sockets we communicate using plain text messages. For each connected
> client we have one Erlang-process responsible for interpreting messages
> from that client and sending back responses. This simple configuration
> works very well for us.

I also came to think that this is a better solution. Neither the client nor
the server get any hard links to the other one's environment. Using a proxy
Erlang process that does the encoding/decoding is easy and generic. Also,
handling Erlang data types on the Delphi side is bulky.

Jilani: I have the stdio interface already zipped somewhere, and I will try
to package the rest too. Maybe I could use the opportunity and publish them
on Jungerl... But I'm not sure when, because of the Easter holiday.

regards,
Vlad