essential Erlang

Stefan Nickl sn@REDACTED
Thu Sep 25 08:58:46 CEST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> >From your reply I think you misunderstood me. I'll have to be more careful,
> it's been a while since using that much English :-) My question referred not
> to the Erlang OS, but to breaking apart ERTS and OTP into several loosely
> coupled components. Joe did make a case for it, and I tried to propose a
> concrete splitting line. Then I began fantasizing :-)

What about making them into Linux kernel threads, and making beam known
as an executeable format to the kernel?

I believe something like that was done with Java a long time ago,
but maybe this was only some special case of shebang (#!/path/to/interpreter)

CU, SN

--
The UNIX equivalent of the "Blue Screen of Death" would be called
"kernel panic". It obviously exists, since I have heard and read about it,