monitor message order

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Sat Sep 20 03:26:01 CEST 2003

If I have a process set up multiple monitors to another
process is there any telling which monitor reference will
be returned first?  FIFO? FILO? Random?

I'm trying to keep track of the processes that have created
resources on a server and garbage collect those resources
when the process goes away without cleaning up after itself.

It's easy enough at first glance but I'm struggling with the
order of operations as there are dependencies on these
resources.  If I could be sure of the order of receipt of
the 'DOWN' messages it would greatly simplify things.

	-Vance