erlc (R9C) hangs when last line is is a comment missing EOL

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Fri Sep 19 00:16:37 CEST 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:46:26 +0100
Peter-Henry Mander <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> Chris Pressey wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:46:59 +0100
> > Peter-Henry Mander <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> >
> >>I've seen this on SuSE 8.2 linux too. There's an easy work-around
> >(-:
> >
> > How very pragmatic of you to suggest that :)
>
> How very magnaminous of you to say so (:
>
> Sorry chris, please excuse my flippancy. I made a note of this on the
> list before, but it sank without trace, probably because there _is_ a
> trivial work-around and so it's not considered a problem.

'Sokay... I'm just in a bad mood because, after making that change, erlc
started to hang on *all* source files, so I had to reinstall R9C!

So, word to the wise: don't make the same change I did.

Yes, it's too small a bug to worry about, but - well, I don't mind
things crashing (much), but it annoys me when they hang, is all...

-Chris