Interview with Stroustrup

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu Sep 18 11:34:16 CEST 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Peter-Henry Mander wrote:

> It's curious to read that Bjarn is, from an Erlang point of view at
> least, trying to reinvent the wheel wrt distributed computing.
>
> Having pretty much dropped C++ in favour of Erlang due to the vast
> simplification of code for most of my work, I find this mildly amusing.

Well, it's a terrible interview for sure, but that particular part juat
sounds like he is implementing the Java RMI thing in C++. I don't think
this kind of guy would even appreciate a laguage like Erlang - he'd
probably feel that it's like cheating somehow.

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham