Wither Self

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Fri Sep 12 18:09:30 CEST 2003

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom <Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED> writes:

> Is it possible to switch from the dark color scheme to a light color
> scheme - or do I get what I configured my Emacs to?

You get what Emacs is configured to. So if you want more colour
schemes, you might want to combine this with color-theme.el:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/color-theme.el.gz

That includes a whole bunch of complete Emacs colour schemes to choose
from.

BTW, even better than htmlize is Emacs's builtin command
`ps-print-buffer-with-faces', which is the same thing but with
postscript output for printing. (Use a C-u prefix argument to save the
output to a file instead of sending it directly to the printer.)

To get nice looking printed results on our colour printer I had to
tweak my printing variables a little bit. Here's what Works For Me:

  (require 'ps-print)

  (setq ps-paper-type 'a4)
  (setq ps-landscape-mode t)
  (setq ps-number-of-columns 2)

  (ps-extend-face '(default "black" nil nil) 'merge)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-comment-face nil nil bold) 'merge)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-function-name-face "darkblue" nil bold) nil)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-string-face "darkblue" nil nil) nil)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-builtin-face "black" nil nil) nil)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-variable-name-face "orchid" nil bold) nil)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-warning-face "red" nil nil) nil)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-keyword-face "darkcyan" nil nil) nil)
  (ps-extend-face '(font-lock-type-face "darkgreen" nil nil) nil)

Example output (stdlib's string.erl) here:
  http://www.bluetail.com/~luke/misc/string_erl.ps

I've noticed that Erlang programs are typically quite nice to read in
printed form. C programs are not.

Cheers,
Luke