ODBC connection fails

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Sep 12 18:01:21 CEST 2003

Hi again,

What misguided me was the following statement (my emphasis)

> "Alas some drivers only support sequential traversal of the result
> set, e.i. they do not support what in the ODBC world is known as
> scrollable cursors. This will have the effect that functions such as
> first/[1,2], last/[1,2], prev[1,2], etc ***may*** return {error,
> driver_does_not_support_function}"

Maybe it's only my bad English, but "may" implies that it also "may not".

> So you can't say it was not documented ;)

No, I didn't say that, only that the way I interpreted the docs hinted that
it "might" work.

Thanks again, and now I know that I can use odbc:next without first calling
odbc:first (which wasn't obvious to me, but reading the documentation very
carefully, one can deduce it)

/Vlad