BEAM documentation (was Re: Packages in Erlang...)

James Hague james@REDACTED
Thu Sep 11 04:14:19 CEST 2003

Luke Gorrie wrote:

> Have you considered using existing mid-level languages instead? If so,
> are there any that seem particularly qualified/disqualified?

I'm partial to both Forth and Lisp,  but newer, optimizing Forth
systems tend to be a bit eclectic, and I haven't found a good,
machine code generating Lisp system that's cross-platform.  The
Windows port of CMUCL is apparently stalled.  I suspect the easiest
option, or the one I'd have the most fun writing, would be a homebrew
Forth.

An interesting option is C-- (see cminusminus.org).

James