ODBC connection fails

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Sep 10 21:23:21 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying my luck with ODBC, and I can't make it work from Erlang. I am
running WinXP, OTP R9C out-of-the-box, and Firebird as a database. I used
some other tools to test the ODBC connection and they work.

This is my output:

(vlad@REDACTED)4> A=odbc:connect("DSN=vlad_test;UID=sysdba;PWD=masterkey",[{tr
ace_driver,on}]).
{error,connection_closed}

=ERROR REPORT==== 10-Sep-2003::21:14:24 ===
** Generic server <0.66.0> terminating
** Last message in was {#Port<0.61>,{exit_status,1}}
** When Server state == {state,#Port<0.61>,
                               undefined,
                               <0.64.0>,
                               undefined,
                               on,
                               undefined,
                               undefined,
                               on,
                               connecting,
                               undefined,
                               0,
                               false,
                               false,
                               []}
** Reason for termination ==
** {badarg,[{erlang,port_close,[#Port<0.61>]},
            {odbc,terminate,2},
            {gen_server,terminate,6},
            {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}

I am thankful for any suggestions about the cause of this.
best regards,
Vlad