free_vars/1

Bengt Kleberg Bengt.Kleberg@REDACTED
Mon Sep 8 09:30:51 CEST 2003

Luke Gorrie wrote:
...deleted

> Are you doing this via Distel? (Distel has a command to automate this
> refactoring.)

i still have not learned emacs, so i do not use distel.

> This is taken care of in the CVS version of Distel. My solution was to
> remove all the macros with some Elisp code before sending it to Erlang
> and Richard's analysis program. Specifically, "?ANYTHING" becomes
> "deadmacro". (It's okay to mutilate the code arbitrarily so long as
> the set of free variables is preserved.)

i am using free_vars as a ''black box''. (ok, so i change things inside
it, and it is not a real black box. but i do not know how it works,
honestly :-)

if it is ''okay to mutilate the code arbitrarily'' why not just remove
the macro?

...deleted

> (Thanks to Tobbe Törnkvist for using the refactoring feature enough to
> motivate the fix :-)

thank you for the free_vars function. i deal with loads of code that
need refactoring all the time, and it helps a lot.

bengt