Interesting for wrapper project? Forward: Guis 1.4 release (GTK2 scriptable widget server)

Michael Mayr M.A.M@REDACTED
Sat Sep 6 22:58:34 CEST 2003

**** This is a forward because something similar has been suggested a few days ago in the "The wrapper project" thread and I thought it might be of interest to someone on this list. Please forgive me if I'm wrong. I am not the original announcer and have no connection to him. ****

**** start of citation from comp.lang.python ****

Dear All,

This is to announce availability of Guis-1.4 (opensource under GPL)

Guis widget server is a Gtk2 widget server. It listens on pipes for
widget requests (in the Python or Ruby scripting languages), and emit
replies or events in textual lines (e.g. Lispy, XML or plain token
syntax).

Actually, there are 2 different programs: ruguis is Guis for Ruby and
pyguis is Guis for Python, sharing some common source code.

See http://freshmeat.net/projects/guis/ and
http://www.starynkevitch.net/Basile/guisdoc.html and download
http://www.starynkevitch.net/Basile/guis-1.4.tar.gz a 518832 byte
gnuzipped source tarball of md5sum 5b5e5666a0b878adb170c626b44b5f87

Guis uses the PyGTK binding for Python to GTK2 and the ruby-gnome2
binding for Ruby to GTK2.

Changlog since 1.3
  * bug fixes, notably fixed coredump when shrinking read buffer
  * trace window use char wrap
  * logfile ability
  * support for Python2.2 & 2.3 and for Ruby1.8
  * better support for gtk main loop inside & outside initial script

I'm CC-ing the PyGTK and rubygnome2 mailing lists

I'll be delighted by feedback!

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net

**** end of citation from comp.lang.python ****

Greetings Michael.