Latest Erlang on Mac OS X Panther

Eric Newhuis enewhuis@REDACTED
Tue Oct 28 20:24:45 CET 2003

I wish to run the latest OTP on Mac running OS X Panther.

Can anyone offer any latest guidance?  I've seen the postings for
former releases, mined them for important bits, and so far have not
been able to compile R9C-0 from source without running into this error:

gcc -o
/Users/enewhuis/Foundry/otp_releases/otp_src_R9C-0/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin7.0.0/beam.shared ...
ld: Undefined symbols:
_z_errmsg

I am willing to invest time to get this working on the Mac but I would
like to avoid redundant work if someone else already has the answer.

Sincerely,
Eric Newhuis