Relation to Pi Calculus

Lars-Åke Fredlund fred@REDACTED
Tue Oct 14 15:21:34 CEST 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, David Van Horn wrote:

> Does a
> formal semantics of core Erlang exist, and if so where?

There are a number of formal semantics for parts of Erlang. Frank Huch
for instance did work on abstract interpretation for Erlang and has a
formal semantics (he was previously at Aachen, check google to find
papers).

Here at SICS we were working with theorem proving for Erlang and
developed an (operational semantics based) formal semantics (see for
instance http://www.sics.se/fdt/publications/lfthesis.pdf)

I also like Barklund and Virdings thorough semantics description in
natural language (see http://www.erlang.org/download/erl_spec47.ps.gz).

===
Lars-Åke Fredlund				Email: fred@REDACTED
Swedish Institute of Computer Science
Box 1263					Phone: +46 8 633 1545
164 29 Kista, Sweden				Fax:   +46 8 751 7230