Application directory heirachy

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Mon Oct 13 22:19:09 CEST 2003

The Design Principles document describes the directory
structure of an application quite differently than what
is found in the distribution:

   The application directory have the following
    sub-directories:

        src
        ebin
        priv
        include

    src
        Contains the Erlang source code. If source code is
        written in several different languages, a sub-directory
        with the name e_src can be created below the src
        directory to store the Erlang source code.

In the R9C-0 distribution we find a different practice.  The
src directories for Erlang files are always "src" while other
languages are at the same level with names like c_src and
java_src:

   asn1/c_src
   asn1/src

   ic/c_src
   ic/java_src
   ic/src

   orber/c_src
   orber/java_src
   orber/src

Did this change at some point?  I seem to remember e_src directories
however maybe they were just mine created with the above guidlines.

	-Vance

[ This would be an OTP question as opposed to an Erlang one.  I have ]
[ long advocated a seperate list for OTP questions which I believe   ]
[ would help with the distinction.  This is apparently not a popular ]
[ view however.                                                      ]